Naxals fired rockets and opened heavy gunfire at a camp of paramilitary ITBP in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh in the early hours of Thursday.
Officials said the attack was launched at the company base of the 41st battalion of the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force in Ranapal area after a large number of Maoists surrounded it from three sides.
- Chhattisgarh: Naxal gunned down in Sukma; weapons recovered
- Two Naxals killed in Chhattisgarh encounter
- Three Naxals arrested in Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh: Naxals attack CRPF camp, one jawan killed
- Fortified police stations being set-up in Chhattisgarh to combat Naxals
- Timeline: Naxal attack on security forces
“The attack was launched at about 1240 hours and ended at 3 am. Four rockets were fired inside the camp. Both the sides exchanged about 600 rounds of bullets,” they said.
Naxals later retreated in the jungles and no casualties were reported on the forces’ side.
“It is estimated that about 100 armed Naxals launched the attack,” they said.