The Railway Ministry has approached celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor to prepare the menu of food items that are served on trains. Kapoor, who has decades of expertise in commercial food and beverage industry, is a household name in the country, which is why the Railways asked him to prepare the menu, said senior officials in the ministry.
“I won’t be able to reveal much, but yes as an Indian I’m glad to be able to help Indian Railways,” Kapoor told The Indian Express.
Asked if the quality of food can be ensured within the low price points of rail catering, he said: “Take for example gol gappas. They are tasty even though they are not expensive.”
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Kapoor has undertaken similar exercise with large organisations and has a clear idea of the challenges, an official said.