The Railway Ministry has approached celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor to prepare the menu of food items that are served on trains. Kapoor, who has decades of expertise in commercial food and beverage industry, is a household name in the country, which is why the Railways asked him to prepare the menu, said senior officials in the ministry.
“I won’t be able to reveal much, but yes as an Indian I’m glad to be able to help Indian Railways,” Kapoor told The Indian Express.
Asked if the quality of food can be ensured within the low price points of rail catering, he said: “Take for example gol gappas. They are tasty even though they are not expensive.”
Kapoor has undertaken similar exercise with large organisations and has a clear idea of the challenges, an official said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016