Gaya Police today filed a charge sheet in a local court against Rakesh Ranjan Yadav alias Rocky Yadav and other accused in connection with the Aditya Sachdeva murder case. The police also filed charge sheet against Rocky’s cousin Teni Yadav, his father Bindi Yadav and his MLC mother’s bodyguard Rajesh Kumar in the teenage murder case.
While Rocky Yadav, Teni Yadav and bodyguard Rajesh Kumar have been charge sheeted under section 302 and 120B (criminal conspiracy), Rocky’s father Bindi Yadav, who is known for muscle and money power in the area, was charge sheeted for helping the accused escape and causing disturbances in government duty.
The charge sheet was filed by Investigating Officer (IO) and Rampur Police SHO Gauri Shanker Gupta in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM) IV Om Sagar within a month of the incident, the time-frame set by it in the murder case.
- Patna HC grants bail to Rocky Yadav in misbehaviour with police case
- Life term for Bihar ex-MLC son Rocky Yadav in Aditya Sachdeva road rage murder case
- Bihar road rage case: Rocky Yadav, two others sentenced to life imprisonment; father Bindi Yadav gets five-year for harbouring accused
- Aditya Sachdeva murder case, explained
- Aditya Sachdeva murder case: Rocky Yadav sentenced to life imprisonment, father Bindi Yadav gets five-year jail
- What is Aditya Sachdeva murder case?
Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Sunil Kumar had on May 10, the day Rocky was arrested, had said that the case would be put on speedy trial for which investigation would be completed within three weeks and charge sheet filed within a month.
Rocky Yadav, son of JD(U) MLC Manorama Devi and Bindi Yadav, had allegedly shot dead a Class XII student Aditya Sachdeva for overtaking his car near Saryu Talab under Rampur Police Station of Gaya district on May 7. Rocky was accompanied by his mother’s bodyguard Rajesh Kumar and his cousin Teni Yadav in his vehicle at the time of the incident.
The road rage incident had evoked sharp reaction especially from the opposition which attacked the Grand Secular Alliance government for its failure to check alleged spurt in crimes in the state.