Criticising the Narendra Modi-led BJP government for completely failing to controlling rise in prices of essential commodities, the Chandigarh Congress staged a protest march in Sector 30 on Saturday.
Senior Congress leader Pawan Bansal said Prime Minister Modi should resign owning moral responsibility for his failure to control prices. “The BJP government has failed to control the prices and not a single day has passed when it did not increase the prices of one or the another thing. The rates of the pulses, edible oil, petrol diesel and other things have also been increased,” he said.
Bansal said the government brought the worst days for the residents who were promised acche din. “The steep rise in prices has once again exposed the true face of the BJP government that has been following the wrong economical policies,” he said.
- 'Is Modi govt only for the rich?' asks Rahul Gandhi
- PM Modi behind 'economic chaos', says Congress
- Demonetisation has caused a loss of Rs 3.75 lakh crore, economy standing on one leg: Yashwant Sinha
- Day before Rahul Gandhi rally Congress steps up war on price rise, attacks BJP
- District Cong Committee holds car rally
- Rahul Gandhi asks PM Modi to step down if unable to deliver on promises
A large numbers of Congress workers and city residents took part in the march. The workers carried placards and raised slogans against the government.
While addressing the protest march, the Congress leaders criticised the government for making the lives of people miserable.
Those who addressed the march include city Congress president Pardeep Chhabra, Devinder Singh Babla, Yadvindra Mehta and others.
Chhabra said the BJP government has failed on all the fronts and the residents of the city are fed up with the wrong and anti-people policies of the Modi government.
He said the people of the country are now aware of the true face of the BJP government and will teach the government a lesson at the right time.