Left parties Wednesday accused Centre of killing an ex-serviceman, who allegedly committed suicide over OROP, contending its “betrayal” over the scheme caused the tradegy. The parties also asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to come clear whether OROP has been implemented or not as they stressed the ex-serviceman, Ram Kishan Grewal would not have allegedly committed suicide had the scheme was being executed.
“The basic issue is that a soldier has not been killed by anyone across the border, but has been killed by a government which betrayed its promises on OROP causing him to commit suicide which is great tragedy for the country,” CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat said.
CPI national secretary D Raja asked the government to ascertain who should be held responsible for Grewal’s alleged suicide.
“If the OROP is implemented, then there should be no reason for the suicide. Now, who should be held responsible? Who created such a situation which led to the tragic suicide of the ex-serviceman? The suicide should not go unquestioned. The Prime Minister should come out and explain the position on OROP,” he said.
The 70-year-old ex-serviceman Grewal from Haryana’s Bhiwani district ended his life yesterday by consuming poison on the lawns behind a government building in Janpath, the central area of the capital.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review