The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will send a team of officials to Malda in West Bengal to ascertain facts about the recent mob violence in the area, sources said on Tuesday.
A day after a ‘fact-finding’ team of the BJP was not allowed by the local administration to visit violence-hit Kaliachak in Malda, a three-member team of the party, led by its general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya, met Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday and urged him to order a probe into the incident.
“We apprised the minister… how an overtone of communal frenzy was created while the actual target was records on fake currency and drug smuggling in the police station. There is terror that Mamata Banerjee’s government is spreading in the area, especially among the Hindus… We asked the minister to get the matter investigated by an appropriate agency… We hope that he will look into the matter more seriously because it concerns national security,” said BJP leader Sidharth Nath Singh, who was part of the delegation.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
He also accused the local administration of being hand-in-glove with certain Muslim outfits involved in creating communal frenzy in the area. The Home Minister reportedly “assured” them of necessary action.
Vijayvargiya alleged that people linked to the ruling Trinamool Congress were involved in the violence. “It is not only a matter of state but that of national security,” he said.
The BJP memorandum to the Home Minister blamed a Muslim outfit for illegally assembling a crowd of more than 2 lakh who targeted the police.