The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) will send a team of officials to Malda in West Bengal to ascertain facts about the recent mob violence in the area, sources said on Tuesday.
A day after a ‘fact-finding’ team of the BJP was not allowed by the local administration to visit violence-hit Kaliachak in Malda, a three-member team of the party, led by its general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya, met Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday and urged him to order a probe into the incident.
“We apprised the minister… how an overtone of communal frenzy was created while the actual target was records on fake currency and drug smuggling in the police station. There is terror that Mamata Banerjee’s government is spreading in the area, especially among the Hindus… We asked the minister to get the matter investigated by an appropriate agency… We hope that he will look into the matter more seriously because it concerns national security,” said BJP leader Sidharth Nath Singh, who was part of the delegation.
He also accused the local administration of being hand-in-glove with certain Muslim outfits involved in creating communal frenzy in the area. The Home Minister reportedly “assured” them of necessary action.
Vijayvargiya alleged that people linked to the ruling Trinamool Congress were involved in the violence. “It is not only a matter of state but that of national security,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The BJP memorandum to the Home Minister blamed a Muslim outfit for illegally assembling a crowd of more than 2 lakh who targeted the police.