Central government will provide public and household toilets in Goa as part of a comprehensive plan under ‘Swachh Bharat’ initiative, Union minister Venkaiah Naidu said on Friday.
“Public toilets and also toilets in every household would be provided in Goa under the comprehensive plan of Government of India (under the Swachh Bharat initiative),” the Urban Development Minister told reporters after holding a meeting with Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar where ‘Clean India’ initiative was discussed.
He said various developmental works and activities to be carried out regarding development of Panaji as a smart city were discussed in the meeting with the CM.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“As Goa is an international tourist destination and Panaji its capital under smart City project, new ideas should be implemented to undertake further expansion of the city,” the minister said.
The issue of housing projects in Goa was also mentioned in the meeting.
Naidu said Union government was extending support for housing projects in Goa for which the state government has to identify adequate land.