With Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa hospitalised for about three weeks, the Centre is contemplating appointing a new Governor in Tamil Nadu soon.
“The process of appointment of a new Governor in Tamil Nadu is on,” a source in the government said.
The post has been lying vacant for more than a month ever since K Rosaiah demitted office in August-end.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao is currently holding the additional charge of Tamil Nadu Governor.
With Jayalalithaa continuing to remain in hospital since September 22, Governor Rao on Tuesday allocated the portfolios held by her to Finance Minister O Paneerselvam but said the AIADMK supremo will continue to be the Chief Minister.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi Thursday termed as “surprising” the Governor’s remarks stating that the allocation of portfolios held by Jayalalithaa to Panneerselvam was done “as per her advice”.