A BSF head constable was killed and seven civilians injured as Pakistan Rangers Thursday continued firing mortar shells and small arms in R S Pura and Arnia sectors, while the Pakistani army resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violation along the LoC in Sunderbani, Mendhar and KG sectors.
The deceased, identified as Jitender Kumar of Bihar, is the third BSF man to be killed in Pakistani firing since security personnel foiled an infiltration bid at Bobiya in Hiranagar sector on the intervening night of October 19-20. While Rangers continued firing small arms and mortar in R S Pura and Arnia sectors over nearly the last six days, they resumed firing in Hiranagar sector after a gap of nearly one week.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
A BSF spokesperson, however, said a Pakistan Ranger was also killed and another injured in retaliatory fire. “Pakistani troops somehow managed to evacuate the grievously injured trooper in a vehicle amid heavy exchange of fire,’’ the spokesperson said, adding that “Pakistan has resorted to very heavy firing which is being responded to in a befitting manner”.
Six people were injured at Gopar Basti in R S Pura sector while one was injured in Khurd village, sources said.