The CBI on Saturday opposed the bail petition filed by former media baron Peter Mukerjea in the Bombay High Court, saying that he was one of the conspirators in the Sheena Bora murder case. Peter’s petition on Saturday came up for hearing before Justice Ajay Gadkari. The lower court has rejected his bail plea twice.
Additional Solicitor General Anil Singh, who appeared for CBI, argued that Peter’s wife Indrani Mukerjea, the prime accused in the case, had given him complete information about the plan to murder Sheena, her daughter from earlier relationship.
When Peter learnt that Sheena was Indrani’s daughter — earlier she had told him and others that Sheena was her younger sister — the situation changed and it resulted in Sheena’s murder, ASG Singh said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Peter’s son from earlier marriage, Rahul, allegedly had an affair with Sheena, and Peter was afraid that if they got married there would be a property dispute, he said.
The CBI produced the case diary and related documents for the court’s inspection, but said it could not show them to the defence as the investigation was still on.
Justice Gadkari, however, said this was not right because the agency was relying on these documents for opposing the bail, so they must be shown to Peter’s lawyers.
The HC asked the CBI to inform on the next date, October 15, whether it was ready to show the documents to Peter’s lawyers, or whether the agency would not rely on them.
Peter was arrested in the case on November 19, 2015. Earlier, in August, 2015, the city police arrested Indrani, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and her driver Shyamvar Rai.
Indrani, Rai and Khanna allegedly strangled Sheena (24) in a car here in April, 2012 and disposed of the body in a forest in Raigad district. According to CBI’s charge sheet, the murder was the fallout of a financial dispute in the family.