CBI has arrested an Income Tax officer for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 3 lakh and demanding Rs 5,000 as additional illegal gratification for his staff. A CBI spokesperson said in Delhi that the officer and his staff member were arrested from Mumbai.
“A case was registered U/s 7 of the PC Act, 1988 against the ITO 30(1)(3) BKC, Mumbai for demanding an a
amount of Rs 3 lakh for himself and Rs 5,000 for his staff from the complainant for passing a favourable Assessment Order and not imposing penalty in scrutiny of ITR of the complainant for the AY 2014-15,” CBI spokesperson Devpreet Singh said.
CBI laid a trap and caught the two accused red-handed, she said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The spokesperson said searches were conducted at the official and residential premises of both accused which led to recovery of “incriminating” documents.