Punjab Congress chief Captain Amarinder Singh on Wednesday visited Kot Surat Malhi police station in Batala city of Gurdaspur district and purportedly “warned” police officials against registering “false cases” against Congress workers.
The police, however, said the former chief minister did not issue any warning.
Singh said in a statement, “Let me warn all such police officials that I will use special powers vested on the government under Article 311 to dismiss all of them if they do not mend their ways. I will initiate stringent action against them once the Congress comes to power. I won’t let anyone get away with the persecution of my party workers.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Singh claimed he had received several complaints from party workers about Kot Surat Malhi SHO Manjit Singh. They alleged he had threatened and asked them to join the Akali Dal, he said. The SHO was not present at the time of Singh’s visit.
“There was no warning. He explained his point. We have assured him that we will probe if any specific allegation is made,” SSP Daljinder Singh Dhillon said.