Underlining the importance of ‘kisan and jawan’, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday said both were equally important for the country and the people cannot “imagine” their lives without them.
“We cannot imagine our lives without farmers in the field, and jawans on the borders,” he said at a road show in Mainpuri. The Congress leader said people were aware of the conditions in which jawans are living on the borders to protect the country.
Watch what else is making news
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“They risk their lives for the country but they do not have facilities,” Rahul said, adding salaries and facilities for the jawans and their families needed to be enhanced. He said though his party is not in power in the country or the state, it will continue to fight for the rights of farmers from Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul, who was accompanied by Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee president Raj Babbar, paid floral tributes to the father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi in a nagar palika campus in Mainpuri.