Yoga can cure cancer, govt may have proof in a year: Minister, AYUSH Shripad Naik

Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar also made a similar claim during his speech while launching 'Common Yoga Protocol'.

Written by Harsha Raj Gatty | Panaji | Updated: March 27, 2016 3:56 am
Can rule out chemotherapy, says Shripad Yasso Naik. Can rule out chemotherapy, says Shripad Yasso Naik.

Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yasso Naik on Saturday said yoga asanas can cure major diseases like cancer, and said the government could come out with scientific evidence on this in a year.

“It is a proven fact. We have visited the Bengaluru-based Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA) institute, where many people told us they have been cured of cancer by regular practice of yoga. The institute has found a technique of yoga for the prevention and cure of cancer,” he said, speaking at the inauguration of a four-day National AROGYA fair.

S-VYASA chancellor Dr H R Nagendra is Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s yoga guru.

The AYUSH Ministry could endorse this alternative cure offered by S-VYASA and prescribe it to people in about a year, Naik said. “As of now, they (S-VYASA) have not produced documentation, but once they submit it, we will research it. Only after confirming that it is 100 per cent scientific will we endorse it,” the minister said.

Related Article

People who do yoga regularly need not undergo chemotherapy, he added. “The (S-VYASA) process uses only practising of special asanas. However the duration of the treatment varies from person to person.” Dr Nagendra told The Sunday Express that the institute had submitted first set of documents supporting their study to the Central government in January, when Modi had come to Bengaluru for an S-VYASA event.

“It’s an ongoing research, we will be giving further evidence and case studies as and when we progress with our research,” Nagendra said.

Naik claimed that there would be a tie-up with the US soon for research on the matter. “An MoU will soon be signed between the two countries for curing cancer using AYUSH-based medicinal and technique.”

Sussy Dei
    Jan 13, 2017 at 5:11 am
    Hi Everyone, Am Sussy Dei and writing from Netherlands, am so amazed because of the help from the link i never thought i can get well again because i had battled this Lungs cancer for 4 years now, going from one hospital to the other for cure but none could yield any good results until some few months back when i got Dr Gregory's link online which i followed and contacted the herbal doctor for help. He sent me a herbal medicine with instructions on how i can take them as cure to my lung cancer, and just withing some short time of taking the medicines i noticed a very big changes in my health, i no longer cough out blood, my breath returned to normal and the coughs stopped. I can say now, THAT am FINALLY cured of my cancer. Thank you Dr Gregory and i believe your existence will make the world better. Reach also on email:
    1. B
      benson david
      Feb 4, 2017 at 8:00 pm
      Dorris John is my name, I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in March 2015. In addition to me having cancer we also have. We researched all treatments that were available and in the end opted to follow the traditional methods. I had a 20 rounds chemo in total which included, FOLFOX: leucovorin, 5-FU, and oxaliplatin, FOLFIRI: leucovorin, 5-FU, and irinotecan and asastin. I also underwent a liver resection but the surgery was abandoned due to more cancer in the liver than initially diagnosed. In order to stop the cancer from progressing i tried Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) which gave me more precious time together with my family. As fate may have it, when all hope seems lost, came in a very good friend of mine who introduced me to a herbal specialist named (Dr.Chukwu). I was given some herbal medicine which i took for about 21 days, and i can testify that as each day pes by, my health became better. And in less than two months, when i went for a check up, i discovered that my stage 4 colon cancer was no more. I could not believe my doctors report, so i went to another hospital for more check up and i was told that my result is negative and i am cancer free. For the past 6 months now i have been living a normal life and going about my duties both as a mother and in my office. I just want to use this medium to testify to everyone that all hope is not lost. Never give up the fight for a cure. If you are interested in getting cured of your cancer,and diabetes you can contact the doctor that cured me, with the following communication link. Doctor Chukwult;br/gt;E-mail: ().lt;br/gt;no: ( 2348154800222)lt;br/gt;website :
      1. C
        C y
        Feb 13, 2017 at 6:20 pm
        Yes every thing is ancient even the caves go to caves for caves u wil be cured all ailments including menta problems good luck . We have pple including a minister taking us backwards.
        1. C
          commentaorji
          Mar 26, 2016 at 2:03 pm
          Our MP are becoming medical doctor now dayslt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Shame on them
            Sivaramakrishnan
            Mar 26, 2016 at 3:52 pm
            IE, I believe, is having lot of fun and making humans to enjoy the daily non-stop jokes of Brahmin Jokers Party(BJP) SLUGGARDS.
              Rathakateri
              Mar 26, 2016 at 6:18 pm
              Yoga has not cured the blood thirsty brahmins for 3000 years.
              1. H
                Haradhan Mandal
                Mar 27, 2016 at 4:24 am
                It is one part of the 'indirect' glorification of a certain caste (their 'ancient' forefathers, hence, comes down and bestows on the current generation as well) in the name false glorification of 'ancient Bharat'. In ancient and medieval India, it was FAR easy to sell these to UNEDUCATED (by the enforcement of MANU PENAL CODES) gullible REST. Modern Western Civilization and colonial era has changed that and the mindset of common people. SO the effort is to make , PACKAGE it (caste-supremacy) in the WRAPPER of 'NATIONALISM' and false and misplaced NOTIONS and ICONS of 'NATIONAL' PRIDE using slogans such as 'BHARAT MATA'. Can the lower cl and caste people see thru all these ?
              2. H
                Haradhan Mandal
                Mar 26, 2016 at 2:11 pm
                These are very typical of them. 'Indirect' glorification(!) . Problem with acceptance happens when it crosses all limit and loses its all CREDULITY even by the scrutiny of common sense and judgement of common people. They ( the 'GURU' and the Shisyas, who vouch for such level of 'cure') should be honest to themselves, to the public as to how often they go to WESTERN MEDICINE and for what, how often they use its HOSPITALS, TEST, LABORATORY, PROCEDURE, Doctors - all of its medical records, at what age they suffer and/or die off what diseases - and how that DIFFERS from NORMAL people -( if at all ) - and how does that stand up on STATISTICS - against statistical significance and correlation.