Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yasso Naik on Saturday said yoga asanas can cure major diseases like cancer, and said the government could come out with scientific evidence on this in a year.
“It is a proven fact. We have visited the Bengaluru-based Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA) institute, where many people told us they have been cured of cancer by regular practice of yoga. The institute has found a technique of yoga for the prevention and cure of cancer,” he said, speaking at the inauguration of a four-day National AROGYA fair.
S-VYASA chancellor Dr H R Nagendra is Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s yoga guru.
The AYUSH Ministry could endorse this alternative cure offered by S-VYASA and prescribe it to people in about a year, Naik said. “As of now, they (S-VYASA) have not produced documentation, but once they submit it, we will research it. Only after confirming that it is 100 per cent scientific will we endorse it,” the minister said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
People who do yoga regularly need not undergo chemotherapy, he added. “The (S-VYASA) process uses only practising of special asanas. However the duration of the treatment varies from person to person.” Dr Nagendra told The Sunday Express that the institute had submitted first set of documents supporting their study to the Central government in January, when Modi had come to Bengaluru for an S-VYASA event.
“It’s an ongoing research, we will be giving further evidence and case studies as and when we progress with our research,” Nagendra said.
Naik claimed that there would be a tie-up with the US soon for research on the matter. “An MoU will soon be signed between the two countries for curing cancer using AYUSH-based medicinal and technique.”