Union Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yasso Naik on Saturday said yoga asanas can cure major diseases like cancer, and said the government could come out with scientific evidence on this in a year.
“It is a proven fact. We have visited the Bengaluru-based Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA) institute, where many people told us they have been cured of cancer by regular practice of yoga. The institute has found a technique of yoga for the prevention and cure of cancer,” he said, speaking at the inauguration of a four-day National AROGYA fair.
S-VYASA chancellor Dr H R Nagendra is Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s yoga guru.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The AYUSH Ministry could endorse this alternative cure offered by S-VYASA and prescribe it to people in about a year, Naik said. “As of now, they (S-VYASA) have not produced documentation, but once they submit it, we will research it. Only after confirming that it is 100 per cent scientific will we endorse it,” the minister said.
People who do yoga regularly need not undergo chemotherapy, he added. “The (S-VYASA) process uses only practising of special asanas. However the duration of the treatment varies from person to person.” Dr Nagendra told The Sunday Express that the institute had submitted first set of documents supporting their study to the Central government in January, when Modi had come to Bengaluru for an S-VYASA event.
“It’s an ongoing research, we will be giving further evidence and case studies as and when we progress with our research,” Nagendra said.
Naik claimed that there would be a tie-up with the US soon for research on the matter. “An MoU will soon be signed between the two countries for curing cancer using AYUSH-based medicinal and technique.”