A cameraman working with a news channel on Sunday died of heart attack while covering the incident gruesome murders of 14 members of a family here, police said.
The cameraman, identified as Ratan Radheshyam Bhowmik, went to Thane Civil Hospital in the morning to cover the incident.
At the hospital, he complained of chest pain following which he collapsed and died of stroke, police said.
- Parking feud between brothers turns bloody, three killed in Delhi’s Model Town
- Mumbai: Dog bites 4 persons, beaten to death
- Thane murder: Cops look for doc who may have treated Warekar
- Police show weapon used in Thane mass murder
- Thane man kills 14 of own family members in cold blood, hangs himself
- Thane massacre: Man murders 14 members of his family before committing suicide
He had undergone angioplasty about a year back, they said.
Police are trying to find out whether he had visited the scene of crime in Kasarvadawali area here.
In the incident of familicide, a 35-year-old man today allegedly killed 14 of his family members, including his parents, wife and children by slitting their throats and then committed suicide in the district.