Six lawyers, a specialist in cancer surgery and a PhD degree holder are among ministers who were today inducted in Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ministry.
Apart from these, four ministers have post-graduate degree, five are graduate and two are undergraduates. Out of six lawyer ministers, P P Chaudhary practised law in the Supreme Court while the others are Vijay Goel, Faggan Singh Kulaste, Arjun Ram Meghwal, S S Ahluwalia and Rajan Gohain.
Subhash Ram Rao Bhamre is the only minister with a medical background in the newly expanded Council of Ministers. He is a doctor with super specialisation in cancer surgery. Ministers Krishna Raj, Anupriya Singh Patel, C R Chaudhary and Anil Madhav Dave have post-graduate degree, while M J Akbar, Ramesh Jigajinagi, Jaswant Sinh Bhabhor, Parshottam Rupala and Mansukh Mandaviya are gradutes.
- In Rajya Sabha race, newcomers & state leaders
- An Express Investigation: Want an honorary doctorate? Will help if you are in power
- Seventh GTU convocation: 15-year-old youngest among those who get degrees
- Himachal Pradesh: Profiles of new ministers; six new faces, five old hands
- Cabinet reshuffle: A doctor, a journalist and six lawyers
- Lawyers dominate Narendra Modi’s cabinet
Mahendra Nath Pandey is the only newly inducted minister who holds a doctorate degree. He is PhD in Hindi.
The other two ministers, Ajay Tamta and Ramdas Athalwale, are undergraduate, as per the information available on the websites of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.