In a bid to lower the maximum retail price of city compost for farmers, the Union Cabinet cleared a policy on promotion of city compost Wednesday. Under the policy, the Centre will provide market development assistance worth Rs 1,500 per tonne on the sale of city compost made out of municipal solid waste.
“The Cabinet has approved assistance of Rs 1,500 per tonne on sale of city compost which can be used as organic fertiliser by farmers,” Union Fertilizer Minister Ananth Kumar said Wednesday.
The compost, made out of city garbage, is targeted at not just providing carbon and primary and secondary nutrients to soil but also help in keeping the city clean. “Ecomark standard for city compost would ensure that environment friendly quality product reaches the farmers,” the government said.
“Initially, marketing and promotion of city compost is proposed to be done through the existing fertilizer companies. In due course, compost manufacturers and other marketing entities, recognised by the state government concerned, may also be included for the purpose with the approval of Department of Fertilisers. The market development assistance shall be routed through the entity which is marketing it,” it added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More