THE NORTHERN Regional Office of Bureau of Indian Standards organised a seminar on International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO), which was inaugurated by Governor of Haryana Prof Kaptan Singh Solanki.
In his inaugural address, Solanki said that Bureau of Indian Standards had been established for harmonious development of the activities of standardisation, marking and quality certification of goods and for related matters and thus building the trust. With trust, businesses and consumers embark on a lifelong journey towards solutions that will meet their mutual expectations: productivity, performance and quality of life.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
UT Adviser Parimal Rai in his keynote address praised the work carried out by BIS and highlighted the importance of international standards and their pivotal role in promoting commercial, scientific and technological exchanges among the countries of the world. As more people connect through technologies, and global businesses continue to adopt methods to increase efficiency and streamline operations, standards remain an integral part of the process, he said.