A four storeyed building collapsed in Azad market area in Delhi, on Friday. At least one casualty has been reported, as search and rescue operations are currently underway. The National Disaster Response Force has been called in and they are heading the rescue operation.
Watch What Else is Making news
Meanwhile, the Delhi Police has issued a statement saying that two bodies have been taken out of the building, of a mother and daughter. The mother was declared ”brought dead” to the hospital, but the daughter has been rescued safely, said the Delhi Police.
Azad Market is an old and crowed part of Delhi, which has several building clamped close to each other. The incident highlights the fact that administrative authorities have turned a blind eye, to securing these old structures and buildings in Azad Market area, which pose a threat to public security.
This building collapse is the second such incident since last month, on October 8th, a part of an old building collapsed in Patel Nagar, injuring 4 people.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest