An army soldier was injured in fierce gun battle with a group of infiltrating terrorists from across the Line of Control in Gali Maidan area of Sawjian sector, while a BSF jawan was injured in unprovoked firing by Pakistani rangers in Hiranagar sector along the international border in Kathua district on Friday.
Identifying the injured army soldier as Launce Naik Vinod Kumar and the BSF jawan as Gurnam Singh, sources said that former got injured during an encounter with a group of terrorists who sneaked into Sawjian sector on the Indian side from the Pakistan occupied Kashmir during wee hours of Friday. The encounter was in progress, sources added.
Significantly, the infiltration attempt from across the LoC in Sawjian sector of Poonch district came nearly 24 hours after half a dozen heavily armed terrorists attacked a BSF naka along the international border in Kathua district with small arms fire and rocket propelled grenades so as to cross over to the Indian side. The infiltration attempt was foiled by alert BSF personnel who retaliated killing one of them as during illumation of the area with the help of tracer bomb, terrorists fleeing back to Pakistan side were seen carrying a body with them, sources added.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Meanwhile, a BSF jawan was injured as Pakistani Rangers continued resorting to mortar shelling and small arms fire on two forward Indian positions at Bobiyan in Hiranagar sector of Kathua district. Sources said that the fire from across the international border first came around 9.35 am and it continued for nearly 40 minutes.
Thereafter, the Pakistani Rangers again resumed firing on Indian side around 12.15 noon, sources said, adding that it was continuing till reports last came in. The Indian side was also retaliating.
Ever since, India carried out surgical strikes across the Line of Control causing sufficient damage to terrorists and those shielding them last month, Pakistan has been resorting to mortar shelling and small arms fire at one or the other place along the borders in Jammu region. It continued lobbing mortar shells, besides resorting to automatics and small arms fire along the LoC in Rajouri district’s Manjakote area of Bhimber Gali sector throughout Wednesday night.
The Indian troops retaliated appropriately. There had been no casualty or damage on the Indian side. Pakistani troops have resorted to firing in Rajouri sector also this afternoon.