Passengers from India stranded in Brussels following multiple bomb blasts in the Belgium capital are on their way to Amsterdam in about 15 buses from where flights will take off for Delhi and Mumbai on Thursday afternoon.
According to a Jet Airways spokesperson, while one flight is scheduled to depart at 2.00 pm GMT (6.30 pm IST) for Mumbai, a second flight will leave Amsterdam at 4.00 pm GMT (8.30 pm IST) for Delhi (Flight details below).
“Our guests are currently on their way from Brussels to Amsterdam by road transport. They are being accompanied by Jet Airways staff. The airline has made hotel arrangements in Amsterdam for their overnight stay, before they continue onward journey to their destination,” a statement from the airlines said.
Several blasts had rocked Brussels on Tuesday leading to the death of over 30 people. Two Indians injured were Jet employees — in-flight supervisor Amit Motwani and in-flight manager Nidhi Chapekar.
Among the Indians witness to the attack is 24-year-old Natasha. The family was heading to the United States via Belgium.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
On Tuesday morning, when the blasts took place at Zaventem Airport , they were evacuated to a convention centre 30 miles away from the airport where they spent the night. They are currently on a four hour drive from Brussels to Amsterdam.
Following are the details of Jet Airways flights departing from Amsterdam
9W 1227 – Amsterdam to Mumbai – Depature: 1400 hrs | Arrival time: 0300 hrs (Next day)
9W 1229 – Amsterdam to Delhi – Depature: 1600 hrs | Arrival time: 0425 hrs (Next day)
9W 1230 – Amsterdam to Toronto – Depature: 1800 hrs | Arrival time: 2135 hrs