The Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) Corporation’s stall at the BRICS Trade Fair in New Delhi attracted many visitors who evinced keen interest on its ongoing projects. The BRICS Trade Fair, with the theme of Building BRICS-Innovation for Collaboration, ended Friday. It began on October 12 at Pragati Maidan. BRICS is the association of five major emerging economies — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Apart from BRICS countries, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, Thailand, Nepal and Sri Lanka also participated in the trade fair.
DFC Corporation, a Ministry of Railways undertaking, is engaged in planning, construction, operation and maintenance of Dedicated Freight Corridors.
In the first phase, two corridors, namely Eastern Corridor from Ludhiana to Dankuni (1,840 kms) and the Western Corridor from Dadri to Jawahar Lal Nehru Port (1,502 kms) are being constructed exclusively for movement of goods trains, says a release. The Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor from Ludhiana to Dankuni near Kolkata is traversing states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor from Dadri (Uttar Pradesh) to Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (Mumbai) is passing through Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh. The Western Corridors is being funded by Japan International Corporation Agency, while the Eastern Corridor from Mughal Sarai to Ludhiana is being funded by the World Bank.