China on Thursday sharply criticised calls for boycott of Chinese goods in India, saying it can only satisfy “personal vendettas” of some politicians at the cost of close bilateral ties and called on India to take measures to minimise any “repercussions”. The products that China exports to India fulfill the needs of the local market, Shen Danyang, the spokeperson for China’s Ministry of Commerce was quoted as saying by state-run People’s Daily online.
“Thus, a boycott of Chinese products would only satisfy some politicians’ personal vendettas at the cost of close ties between the two countries,” he said. As two rapidly growing economies, China and India must cooperate on economy and trade, he said. “China hopes India will take the necessary actions to minimise any repercussions of this incident for the mutual benefit of both nations,” he said.
Shen pointed out that China and India are each other’s major trade partners. By 2015, the total trade volume between the two countries had reached USD 71.62 billion, indicating that trade between China and India was increasing despite downward pressure from global trade. Bilateral trade added up to USD 52.31 billion between January and September 2016, which indicates that the momentum is being maintained, he said.
Calls for boycotting Chinese goods in India were made following China’s opposition to a UN ban on JeM chief Masood Azhar and India’s entry into Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More