BJP leader Aseem Goel on Monday urged people to boycott Chinese lights and instead use earthen lamps this Diwali. The BJP MLA from Ambala who was attending a programme at Kumar Mohalla in Ambala City to promote earthen pots said the boycott would be a mark of protest against China’s support to Pakistan.
“Please boycott Chinese lights. China had supported Pakistan on various issues to weaken India. This action of China had caused anger among the Indians,” he said.
Goel asked people to not buy Chinese lights even if they were cheaper in comparison to the Indian lights.
Activists have been running campaigns on roads and on social media platform to boycott products from China in protest to its “anti-India” policies.
Large number of Chinese products ranging from idols, portraits of Hindu Gods and Goddesses to decorative lights are a popular feature in the Indian market, especially during Diwali.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016