A 13-year-old boy was today hit by a bullet allegedly fired from a victory procession organised to celebrate the win of Trinamool Congress candidate Hamidul Rahaman from Chopra Assembly constituency in Islampur area of the district.
“The incident happened at around 2 PM this afternoon when a stray bullet hit a boy, Gar Ali, who was standing at the roadside and watching the procession pass near his home. Some local residents have alleged that the bullet was fired
from the procession,” said a senior police officer.
- Delhi: 23-yr-old accidentally shot dead by minor cousin while taking selfies with pistol
- Meerut: Stray bullet kills Dalit man as two groups clash
- Six kids injured in celebratory firing in Modi Nagar
- Mathura crossfire death: Cops abandoned bullet-hit boy on way to hospital, says IG
- 10-year-old boy killed, several injured in crossfire between two ‘Trinamool-linked’ groups
- Mathura: 8-year-old dies in cross-firing between police, criminals; two constables suspended
The family members of Ali first rushed the boy to Islampur sub-division hospital, but was later on referred to North Bengal Medical College and Hospital for further treatment, the police said.
“We have not yet received any complaints, but an inquiry is on,” the officer added.