• Associate Sponsor

Boy dies on father’s shoulder after being denied medical help in Kanpur

The incident took place on August 26 when Ansh, a resident of Kanpur’s Fazalganj area, was admitted to a medical facility with high fever.

By: ANI | Kanpur | Published: August 30, 2016 5:59 pm
up boy dead, up boy denied medical help, up medical help, up news, india news, uttar pradesh news, latest news, kanpur boy death, kanpur news Father alleges that his son died on his shoulders as different hospitals denied medical facilities. (Source: ANI/Twitter)

Deteriorating health facilities at hospitals in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh have been magnified by the death of a 12-year-old boy on his father’s shoulder because he was denied timely access to medical facilities at different hospitals.

After being treated in private hospitals for two days, his father finally took him to the Hallet Hospital. Doctors at the hospital told the father to take Ansh to the children’s ward, but by the time Ansh’s father, Sunil, carried Ansh to the children’s ward, the 12-year-old boy died.

“My son had high fever… He was studying in class sixth. He was very good at his studies. Doctors at the children’s ward told me had I arrived 10 minutes before, my son would have been saved,” the father said carrying his dead son on his shoulder.

“It is negligence on the part of the Hallet Hospital. They did not provide treatment to my son. They didn’t even provide me a stretcher. I was running from here to there carrying my son on my shoulder,” a teary Sunil said.

1. N
    Nishant
    Aug 30, 2016 at 3:09 pm
    No one cares for human values. Life is cheap in this country. Money matters. So sad.feel like crying
    (0)(0)
      Anon
      Aug 30, 2016 at 1:08 pm
      Such cases from hospital should be punished.....it is sad the way people are treated in hospitals
      (0)(0)
      1. Shabih Siddiqui
        Aug 30, 2016 at 12:56 pm
        Thats a weight heavier than the earth to carry for a father the corpse of his own son and that too one denied basic medical help.Shame on the culprits.its time we move on from gaurakshaks to human saviours.
        (0)(0)
        1. T
          Timiresh
          Aug 30, 2016 at 2:28 pm
          Everybody seems to be quick to blame the public sector hospital and politicians .... But pause for a moment and think. Should the child not have been moved earlier? Or been taken to Hallet hospital in the first case... why go to a private hospital and then to a public facility at the last moment? I am not blaming anybody but reflecting on the lack of initial trust on public sector health facilities...
          (0)(0)
            Prasad Durga
            Aug 30, 2016 at 1:30 pm
            Cruel govt of UP is only for the privileged
            (0)(0)