Transgressions by China’s PLA troops on the Sino-Indian border are going down steadily, ITBP DG Krishna Chaudhary said on Monday. Sources said that in the past two years, Chinese incursions have gone down by almost 50 per cent.
ITBP sources said that in 2014, there were 500 transgressions by PLA troops. This went down to 350 in 2015, and 200 transgressions have been recorded so far this year. The figure is unlikely to go up significantly, with the onset of winter and heavy snow in the Himalayas.
Watch what else is making news:
Asserting that enhancement of border infrastructure along China is a “thrust area”, the ITBP chief said this was being done at a “galloping pace” with new border posts, vehicles, weaponry and surveillance gadgets.
Speaking at a press conference here to mark the 55th Raising Day of the ITBP, Chaudhary said, “All I can say is that these incidents of transgressions take place due to the difference of perception. This is a perceptional difference of the Line of Actual Control (LAC),” Chaudhary said.
The ITBP is tasked with guarding the 3,488-km Sino-India border.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now