Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief G A Mir on Wednesday strongly condemned the bombing in Medina, terming it as “shameful act” and said it had hurt the sentiments of entire Muslim world.
“We strongly condemn the shameful act in which many precious lives were lost. We express serious concern and deep sorrow over the bombings in Madina Sharief,” Mir said.
- Militants kill Territorial Army jawan, bullet-riddled body found in J-K's Shopian
- Youth Congress meme on PM Narendra Modi's 'chaiwala' past kicks up storm
- Centre should make road map for dialogue in J&K public: Congress
- If Congress and NC ask publicly, J&K govt will announce holiday on Hari Singh birth anniversary: Deputy CM Nirmal Singh
- CM, Jammu & Kashmir parties hail talks offer, separatists mum
- Amarnath Yatra terror attack: Here's how political leaders are reacting
The attack in Medina tantamount to attacking world peace, he said, adding the world should get united against the perpetrators of terror and defeat the designs of Anti Peace Forces vitiating atmosphere of friendship to serve their vested interests.
Terming the attack as highly painful, the JKPCC Chief said the terror attack has hurt the sentiments of entire Muslim World.
While offering condolences, Mir expressed heartfelt sympathies with the bereaved families who lost their dear ones in this terror attack.