The Bombay High Court Thursday directed the Enforcement Directorate to submit a report regarding its probe against former Maharashtra deputy CM Chhagan Bhujbal and his family members relating to their properties attached, persons arrested and investigation done in the money laundering cases.
A division bench of Chief Justice Manjula Chellur and Justice M S Sonak was hearing a public interest litigation filed by activist Anjali Damania levelling allegations of money laundering and misappropriation of funds against Bhujbal and his family members. “We are concerned about this money laundering case. You (ED) file a report giving all details about this case.
Who have been arrested, who are on the run, properties attached etc,” Chief Justice Chellur said. The ACB has registered three FIRs against Bhujbal and the ED also registered case of money laundering and arrested Bhujbal on March 14. Bhujbal’s nephew Sameer was also arrested later. The ED will have to submit its report in three weeks.
Meanwhile, another bench of the court while hearing a petition filed by Bhujbal claiming that he has been illegally detained by the ED, posted the matter for hearing on November 22.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016