Security agencies went into a tizzy after the police control room received a call about a bomb at the Parliament premises this evening.
Several police teams, along with bomb disposal squads, were rushed near Parliament and it was at 6.12 PM that the fire department was alerted, following which fire tenders were rushed there too, said police and fire officials.
Police said it appeared to be a hoax call.
“It was not a mock drill. Somebody made the call and we are verifying it. Investigation is on,” said DCP (New Delhi) Jatin Narwal.
The national capital is on a high alert and security was already stepped up following the terror attack at Pathankot and then inputs received by the police about the presence of two suspected Jaish-e-Mohammad key members here.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Delhi Police Commissioner held a meeting with all deputy commissioners and discussed security concerns in details earlier today, a police source said.