Security agencies went into a tizzy after the police control room received a call about a bomb at the Parliament premises this evening.
Several police teams, along with bomb disposal squads, were rushed near Parliament and it was at 6.12 PM that the fire department was alerted, following which fire tenders were rushed there too, said police and fire officials.
Police said it appeared to be a hoax call.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It was not a mock drill. Somebody made the call and we are verifying it. Investigation is on,” said DCP (New Delhi) Jatin Narwal.
The national capital is on a high alert and security was already stepped up following the terror attack at Pathankot and then inputs received by the police about the presence of two suspected Jaish-e-Mohammad key members here.
Delhi Police Commissioner held a meeting with all deputy commissioners and discussed security concerns in details earlier today, a police source said.