INS Shivaji, the Indian Navy’s premier technical training station at Lonavala, is slated to get a boiler training facility for the country’s main aircraft carrier — INS Vikramaditya. A foundation stone for the facility was laid at INS Shivaji on Tuesday.
INS Vikramaditya, or erstwhile Admiral Gorshkov which belonged to the Russian Navy, is a modified Kiev-class aircraft carrier and has been the frontline aircraft carrier of Indian Navy since 2013.
A press release from Defence PRO in Pune said, “Creation of the Vikramaditya Training Facility, comprising of 100 TPH (tonnes per hour) boiler along with auxiliary machinery, would provide hands-on training to officers and sailors for operation and upkeep of the Main Propulsion Plant installed onboard INS Vikramaditya.”
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The training facility is also aimed at providing a platform for future support of the ship-fit main machinery and control system, through indigenisation,” added the release.
Vice Admiral AR Karve, Flag Officer Commanding-in- Chief (Southern Naval Command), laid down the foundation stone for the training facility during his two-day visit to INS Shivaji. The visit was aimed at reviewing the training activities and infrastructure projects. The admiral inspected the Return Guard at INS Shivaji on Monday. He also laid down the foundation stone for senior sailors’ accommodation complex at INS Shivaji.
While interacting with the officers and personnel of Station Lonavla, Admiral Karve emphasised on the requirement to keep abreast with advanced technologies being inducted on Naval platforms.