THREE MINOR girls are suspected to have committed suicide by jumping into a canal in Golibar Maidan area.
Police have identified the deceased as Abeda Shaikh (13), Muskan Imtiyaz Mulani (13) and Shruti Digambar Waghmare (15), residents of Kasewadi in Bhavani Peth. Their families had registered missing reports at the Khadak police station on Thursday night.
Watch What Else is Making news
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
While police recovered the bodies of Abeda and Shruti from the canal on Friday, search was on for Muskan’s body till late.
Police said that Abeda was a student of Class VIII, while Muskan was studying in Class IX at the Anglo Urdu High School in Azam Campus in Pune Camp area. Shruti was a student of Class XI in Raja Dhanrajgirji College at Rasta Peth.
The girls were friends and resided in the same area. Police said they left their homes on Thursday and did not return. Their family members approached the Khadak police station and filed missing reports on Thursday night. Initially, police registered a kidnapping case and launched searches.
However, later when a passer-by tipped off the police when he found a cellphone ringing on the canal’s side, near Dhobhighat, a team reached the spot and found that it was Muskan’s cellphone. The police also found the footwear, school bags and some clothes belonging to the trio on the canal’s side, leading to a further search operation for the girls.
The police and fire brigade officials started search operation in the canal and around 6 pm on Friday, Abeda’s body was fished out in Wanavadi. After sometime, Shruti’s body was found in canal flowing through Hadapsar.
Senior police inspector Raghunath Jadhav told media persons that search for Muskan’s body is on.
According to police, before her death, Muskan had called a boy from her cellphone told him that she did not want to live. Police are probing to ascertain the exact cause of the deaths.