A SPECIAL court has directed the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to immediately remove and block “objectionable” video clips allegedly showing sacked AAP minister Sandeep Kumar with a woman, who has accused him of rape. The minister was arrested last week. “In view of submission made, direction is issued to the Director, Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to block/remove the above said links with immediate effect,” said the court Thursday.
The court issued the order after police submitted that the video clips are “highly objectionable, illicit and harm the modesty of a woman” and that they be “blocked from the internet/website immediately”. Defence counsel Pradeep Rana did not object to the plea, saying it did not matter as it was not his client in the video.
On Friday, Kumar was remanded to 14-day judicial custody after police informed a special court that they failed to recover the original device containing the video. While sending him to judicial custody, the court directed jail authorities to keep him in a separate cell and provide him with a special armed guard. “The jail superintendent is directed to consider the application as per Delhi Jail Manual,” said the court.
Police told the court that as they were unsuccessful in procuring the original device, they did not require custody of Kumar. On Thursday, police had said they were trying to find the “dustbin” in which he “dumped” the original device containing the “objectionable” video.
Kumar has been booked under Section 7 (illegal gratification by a public servant) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988; under IPC sections 328 (causing hurt by means of poison), 376 (rape); Section 66E (violation of privacy) and Section 67A (publishing sexually explicit content) of the IT Act, 2000.
AAP leaders file defamation case against MLA Sehrawat
Days after AAP MLA Devinder Sehrawat alleged that Punjab party leaders Sanjay Singh and Durgesh Pathak were exploiting women on the promise of a party ticket, the duo have filed a defamation suit against Sehrawat and three party members from the poll-bound state.
The court has adjourned the matter for October 8 for hearing preliminary evidence. Singh and Pathak filed four separate complaints which were taken up by chief judicial magistrate Akshdeep Mahajan.
In the joint complaint against Sehrawat, they alleged that he was damaging the image of the party at the behest of the opposition. In another complaint, they alleged that Pavittar Singh and Lakhwinder Kaur had been repeatedly asking them to issue an AAP ticket to the latter from Phillaur for the 2017 assembly elections.