Prime Minister Narendra Modi left Doha on Sunday, ending the second part of his five-nation trip to Afghanistan, Qatar, Switzerland, United States and Mexico.
Prime Minister Modi took to Twitter to convey his gratitude to the Qatar Government for their warmth and hospitality.
- Bahrain suggests freezing Qatar's Gulf Cooperation Council membership
- Qatar emir says open to Donald Trump-hosted talks over Gulf crisis: report
- Malaysia rolls out red carpet for Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad
- Iran's Foreign Minister Javad Zarif to visit Qatar amid Gulf crisis
- Qatar releases 23 Indian prisoners after Narendra Modi's visit
- PM Modi arrives in Qatar, economic cooperation high on agenda
“My gratitude to the people and Government of Qatar for their exceptional warmth & hospitality during this visit,” Modi tweeted, adding that his Qatar visit witnessed fruitful and comprehensive deliberations that will usher a new era of strong India-Qatar friendship.
India and Qatar inked seven agreements, to bolster bilateral ties between both nations, in the presence of Prime Minister Modi and Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani.
We take a look at the seven agreements signed between the two nations
* MoU between National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF), Ministry of Finance, Government of India and Qatar Investment Authority (QIA)
What’s it about: The MoU aims at establishing a framework for facilitating participation of Qatari institutional investors in infrastructure projects in India under NIIF.
* Agreement on Cooperation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters between the Government of Republic of India and Government of the State of Qatar
What’s it about: This agreement promotes cooperation and mutual assistance between the two countries on matters pertaining to customs administration through exchange of information and intelligence.
* MoU between Financial Intelligence Unit – India (FIU-IND) and the Qatar Financial Information Unit (QFIU) concerning cooperation in the exchange of intelligence related to money laundering, terrorism-financing and related crimes
What’s it about: The MoU facilitates exchange of intelligence related to money laundering, terrorism-financing and related crimes and persons connected thereto.
* MoU between the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, the Government of Republic of India and the National Qualifications Authority/Supreme Education Council, Government of the State of Qatar for Cooperation in Skill Development and Recognition of Qualifications
What’s it about: This MoU aims to enhance cooperation between the two countries on skill development and mutual recognition of qualifications to facilitate mobility of skilled workers from India to Qatar.
* MoU on cooperation in Tourism between the Government of the Republic of India and Government of the State of Qatar.
What’s it about: The MoU aims at bilateral cooperation in the field of planning and developing of tourism, through marketing and promotion as also to support cooperation between private sector stakeholders.
* MOU between India and Qatar for Cooperation in the field of Health the Government of the Republic of India and Government of the State of Qatar.
What’s it about: This MoU provides cooperation in areas of health, including interalia in occupational and environmental health, pharmaceuticals, medical education, exchange of the best practices in the field of primary healthcare, research in the field of health care, technology, health care system and exchange of medical experts and scientists.
* The First Executive Programme for MoU in the field of Youth and Sports between the Government of Republic of India and Government of the State of Qatar
What’s it about: As a follow up to the existing MoU in the field of Youth and Sports, the first Executive Programme provides for exchanges and cooperation in sports activities, training camps for sports teams and exchange visits of leaders and officials etc between the two countries.