Delhi Police Friday arrested a 32-year-old from east Delhi’s Anand Vihar bus terminus after he was found in possession of Rs 96 lakh in demonetised currency.
DCP (east district) Rishi Pal said they arrested Nazer-e-Alam, a resident of Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh, on a tip-off. He was carrying the money in a bag.
“Alam has been booked under the Delhi Police Act. We have informed the Income Tax department about the seizure of money in Rs 1,000 notes,” the DCP said. During questioning, Alam said he had collected the money from Delhi and was going to deliver it to a person in Gorakhpur.
“He told police he was sent from Gorakhpur to Delhi by his employer. After reaching Delhi, he went to Saket, from where he collected money before setting off for his employer’s home,” a senior police officer said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016