The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday welcomed Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s re-imposition of liquor ban law, adding that a comprehensive legislation is required to be introduced. BJP leader Sudesh Verma told ANI that the re-imposition of liquor ban law showed that the earlier notification was not correct and comprehensive. “If you are going to prohibit liquor then you must have brought a comprehensive legislation. It was full proof and this has been proved by the Patna High Court that the notification was not correct. Now that he has said that you take steps to correct those notifications, it’s a welcome step,” he added.
Nitish Kumar yesterday said that liquor ban would be reinforced in the state, and if need be, his government would approach the Supreme Court on the matter. Asserting that liquor consumption is a social stigma, Nitish said that prohibition would improve society. He added that one should see how peaceful the environment has become in some villages after the prohibition was introduced, before which there was utter chaos.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Watch What Else Is Making News
Nitish said prohibition is saving people’s thousands of crores as they are not wasting it on alcohol.
The Patna High Court earlier on September 30 declared the liquor ban in Bihar illegal.