The BJP on Friday hit out at Nitish Kumar over the “lawlessness” in the state and said public protests mobilised by the party forced the government to move the Supreme Court against the bail granted to former RJD MP Mohammad Shahabuddin.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain attacked Nitish saying the apex court’s observations on his government’s conduct is a shame and added that the manner in which the murder convict was welcomed in the state showed that the “law of jungle” prevailed there.
Reacting to the Patna High Court’s decision to quash prohibition law, Hussain said it was more of a “tughlaqi farman” (dictatorial order) as it envisioned jailing all adult members of a family for an individual’s alleged crime.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“BJP is happy that the victims of Shahabuddin’s crimes have got justice and he has been sent back to jail. There was a lot of anger among the masses and we understood it… BJP held protests at block levels and forced the state government to move the highest court after it facilitated his bail earlier by not contesting it strongly,” Hussain told reporters.