CPI (M) on Friday said the BJP-SNDP Yogam alliance was orchestrated by Congress Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to ensure a consecutive second term.
CPI (M) polit buro member Pinarayi Vijayan said as per Chandy-RSS deal, the UDF would help the BJP open account in the next assembly elections. RSS would reciprocate that by helping the UDF to retain power.
Vijayan’s allegation is against the backdrop of Chandy’s stoic silence over the electoral understanding between BJP and Hindu Ezhava outfit SNDP Yogam in the local body elections. Allthough senior Congress leader A K Antony and Congress state president V M Sudheeran have openly stated against the BJP move, Chandy has been dodging the issue.
- Congress slams Pinarayi Vijayan ‘politics’, silent on Oommen Chandy
- Ahead of key Kerala event, Amit Shah tries to end cold war with ally BDJS
- Barring CM from attending event is protocol violation, says Oommen Chandy
- PM Modi Kerala event: In statue row, battle for Ezhava leader’s legacy
- Natesan has asked me to skip event to be attended by PM, says Kerala CM Chandy
- BJP-SNDP bonhomie: VS, Sudheeran fielded to counter Natesan
The CPI (M) polit buro member said Chandy has made SNDP Yogam and its general secretary Vellappally Natesan instrumental for his electoral gain.