CPI (M) on Friday said the BJP-SNDP Yogam alliance was orchestrated by Congress Chief Minister Oommen Chandy to ensure a consecutive second term.
CPI (M) polit buro member Pinarayi Vijayan said as per Chandy-RSS deal, the UDF would help the BJP open account in the next assembly elections. RSS would reciprocate that by helping the UDF to retain power.
Vijayan’s allegation is against the backdrop of Chandy’s stoic silence over the electoral understanding between BJP and Hindu Ezhava outfit SNDP Yogam in the local body elections. Allthough senior Congress leader A K Antony and Congress state president V M Sudheeran have openly stated against the BJP move, Chandy has been dodging the issue.
- In Kerala, PM Modi explains how former CM R Sankar was close to Syama Prasad Mukherjee
- PM Modi Kerala event: In statue row, battle for Ezhava leader’s legacy
- Left knocks Congress out in Kerala civic polls, BJP marches in
- Kerala civic polls: UDF suffers setback, BJP makes inroads
- Kerala civic poll results: LDF takes lead, big gains for BJP
- Kerala civic polls: As BJP ups the game, national issues find local resonance
The CPI (M) polit buro member said Chandy has made SNDP Yogam and its general secretary Vellappally Natesan instrumental for his electoral gain.