Hours after the Congress attacked BJP chief Amit Shah by raking up a murder case in which he was subsequently acquitted, Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad came down heavily on the main opposition party, saying that while there was not even a chargesheet against Shah, both the Congress president and vice-president were out on bail in a cheating case.
“The language used in the Congress press conference today is shameful, regrettable and venomous. It is sheer arrogance to call our national president a criminal on the basis of a prejudiced case that was filed against him. The CBI court said there was a conspiracy. As I used to say when I was party spokesman during our days in the opposition, the more people like Sibal and Digvijaya Singh speak, the better it is for us. They will bring Congress down from 44 to 24 but while we are at it, Sibal should also give his views on the president and vice-president of the Congress, both of whom are out on bail in a cheating case,” Prasad said.
He claimed to have definite knowledge about unease in the Congress party over Rahul Gandhi’s “khoon ki dalali” remark at the conclusion of his Kisan Yatra, but said the party was still going all out to defend him.
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“In the Congress, Rahul bhakti overshadows rashtrabhakti, saving him is more important than saving the country… We tried to carry everybody along after the surgical strikes… yet they made these allegations today. Should all boundaries of courtesy be breached in the name of political rivalry?” Prasad asked.