BJP NATIONAL president Amit Shah, who is scheduled to address ‘Sardar Patel Kisan Mahasammelan’ in Allahabad on Tuesday, will have lunch with Dalit and backward caste villagers in Varanasi before attending the programme.
Earlier this month, Shah had taken a holy dip with Dalit sadhus in Kshipra river at Kumbh in Ujjain.
Members of the BJP Kashi region unit, who are camping in Allahabad to prepare for the kisan rally and the party national executive meeting to be held in the city on June 12 and 13, were on Sunday asked to identify a backward caste dominated village in Varanasi — the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi — where Shah could have lunch. The party selected Jogiyapur village in Sevapuri Assembly segment.
- Eye on UP polls 2017: At Apna Dal rally in PM Modi’s constituency, Amit Shah chief guest
- Amit Shah For UP’s 100% development, give 100% power to BJP: at Kisan maharally
- Amit Shah breaks bread with Dalit family in Varanasi
- Akhilesh slams Amit Shah's meal plan with Dalits, says don't discriminate on caste basis
- Politics at Kumbh: Amid controversy, Amit Shah takes holy dip with Dalit sadhus
- BJP scales down Amit Shah’s ‘social harmony’ dip with Dalits in Madhya Pradesh
BJP worker Girija Prasad Bind, who belongs to the backward caste, has offered to host Shah at his home. Along with Shah, more than 50 BJP workers and other residents of Jogiyapur and adjoining villages have been invited for the lunch.
“I am making arrangements for nearly 600 people. Food will be cooked at my home. The party is financially supporting me in making the arrangements… My pucca house is being decorated with mango and banana leaves,” said Bind, a farmer who also runs a poultry business.
BJP Kashi region president Laxman Acharya on Monday visited the village. “It will be ‘Samrasta Bhoj’, in which members of Dalit and backward castes will have lunch with Shah. The family of Girija Prasad Bind has offered to host the lunch because the villagers respect Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Amit Shah,” he said.
After lunch, Shah will leave for Allahabad to address the kisan rally at Andawa area in Jhunsi — dominated by backward castes. Farmers from Allahabad and Kaushambi have been invited for the rally. “Several SP and BSP leaders, including former MLA Pravin Patel, will join BJP at the rally,” said Acharya.