In a move that is likely to provide fresh ammunition to the opposition parties, BJP has announced to give a grand welcome to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his “first visit to Varanasi after surgical strike”. The PM would be visiting his Lok Sabha constituency on October 24 where he would be addressing a gathering after laying foundation of various projects. Prior to reaching Varanasi, PM would address a ‘Parivartan Maharally’ in Bundelkhand’s Mahoba district after launching Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY).
Watch what else is making news
In a statement informing about Modi’s visit, BJP state speokesperson Chandra Mohan said, “Surgical strike ke baad pahli baar Varanasi aa rahey Pradhan Mantri Modi ji ke swagat ko purey shahr ko sajaya ja raha hai (PM Modi is coming to Varanasi for the first time after the surgical strike and the entire city is being decorated to welcome him).”
He further said that the festival of lights in Varanasi will start with the arrival of Modi. Party national vice-president in-charge Om Mathur and party state president Keshav Prasad Maurya Friday visited Mahoba to review the preparations for the PM event.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, BJP workers have launched a cleanliness drive in Varanasi even as Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of State for Railways Manoj Sinha and Union Minister of State for Human Resource and Development Mahendra Nath Pandey have set camp there to oversee preparations for the PM’s programme at DLW ground.
Among others, PM would lay foundation stone for the “Urja Ganga” project, aimed at providing piped natural gas (PNG) to all the households in Varanasi. He is also scheduled to lay the foundation stone for the doubling of Varanasi-Allahabad rail track and electrification of the Varanasi-Allahabad rail section and will dedicate to the nation a dual rail engine that runs on both electricity as well as diesel. The special engine has been manufactured at DLW, BJP functionaries said here.
Officials of Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), who flanked Pradhan, said Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav have also been invited for the foundation laying ceremony of ‘Urja Ganga’ project. Modi may also release a special stamp, dedicated to this ancient city of Varanasi during his visit.
According to ADM (Protocol), Vidya Sagar Singh, Prime Minister Modi will fly from Mahoba by a special Indian Army helicopter, which will land at the Dereka helipad around 3:55 pm.