Sripad Deshpande, organising secretary of Puducherry state unit of BJP died of cardiac arrest on Sunday.
He was 49. He is survived by his wife and a 15-year-old daughter.
A release from BJP’s media wing said Deshpande was on his routine stroll in the precincts of residential quarters in JIPMER last night and suddenly developed chest pain.
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 online registration begins at jipmer.puducherry.gov.in, exam on June 3
- With 2019 on mind, BJP engages Ram Madhav to salvage TDP alliance
- Tamil Nadu CM K Palaniswami submits memorandum to PM Modi
- PM Modi attacks Congress in Puducherry: Compare 48-year rule of one family with NDA’s 48 months
- BJP to petition Election Commission to disqualify eight Congress-DMK MLAs
- AIADMK to write to Election Commission to disqualify Puducherry MLAs ‘holding office of profit’
He was rushed to JIPMER hospital where he collapsed despite intensive treatment early Sunday morning.
Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi, former Chief Minister N Rangasamy, BJP’s local unit president V Saminathan, party’s in charge in Puducherry Mahesh Giri, MP and leaders of various wings of the party were among those who paid homage by placing wreaths on the body of the leader at his residence in JIPMER campus.
Deshpande had been appointed as the organising secretary of the Puducherry unit of the BJP last year.