BJP MP Kirit Somaiya today alleged that Shiv Sainiks tried to kill him, and wrote to Mumbai Police Commissioner asking him to unravel the plot.
“Shiv Sena workers tried to kill me,” Somaiya alleged, referring to the attack on him on Tuesday in suburban Mulund.
Police have so far arrested 13 people in connection with the assault, in which some BJP workers were injured.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The assault took place in suburban Mulund after Sena workers allegedly disrupted a programme organised by Somaiya wherein an effigy of ‘corruption mafia in MCGM’ was to be burnt to mark the festival of Dussehra.
The Sena activists objected to the effigy burning as they are in power in Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) and tried to stop the programme.
However, police had intervened and brought the situation under control.
MCGM is ruled by the Sena-BJP alliance for the last 20 years and civic polls are scheduled early next year.
Somaiya, the former Mumbai BJP chief, has aggressively targeted Sena and repeatedly alleged that the civic body was riddled with “mafia-raj and corruption”.
The MP, who represents the Northeast Mumbai constituency, had earlier said that he will continue his fight against the “mafia-raj and corruption in MCGM”.