In controversial remarks, BJP MP Babu Lal has questioned the lineage of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi. His comments came when he was asked about the Congress party’s reaction to the Indian Army’s surgical strikes across the Line of Control.
“People who point fingers at the Indian Army should be sent outside the country. The Army has worked for the country’s honour. What are they demanding evidence of? Rahul Gandhi himself does not know whose son he is….such people should be sent to Dubai or Pakistan. They have no right to remain in the country,” the lawmaker was quoting saying in a video posted by news agency ANI. It’s not clear where the lawmaker, elected from Uttar Pradesh’s Fatehpur Sikri, made the remarks.
In recent days, both the Congress and the BJP have traded charges of taking political advantage of the Army’s surgical strikes in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir. Gandhi had said at a public rally that prime minister Narendra Modi was doing ‘dalali’ (cashing in) on the sacrifice of India’s soldiers, which in turn prompted BJP president Amit Shah to hit out at him for insulting the Indian Army and toeing Pakistan’s line.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“If you try to make political capital out of it (the strikes), then we will have to ask questions. Rahul Gandhi knew what he said. His thought process was clear. And the people of this country understand what his thought process is,” said senior Congress leader Kapil Sibal during a press conference in New Delhi Friday.
When Home Minister Rajnath Singh was asked about Gandhi’s comments on Friday, he insisted that leaders must exercise restraint especially at a time when tensions between India and Pakistan are at an all-time high. The prime minister had also asked his cabinet ministers to avoid chest-thumping on the issue of surgical strikes.