Did some BJP functionaries go on a land purchasing spree before the demonetisation policy was announced? According to a news report in catchnews.com, the party purchased several parcels of land in Bihar as late as first week of November. The website has released some deeds of the properties, including some purchased in the name of BJP chief Amit Shah.
BJP Bihar MLA Sanjeev Chaurasia, one of the senior party functionaries who bought the land, said such purchases were made everywhere and not just Bihar. “We are merely the signatory authority; the money came from the party… the plots were bought for building party offices and other purposes,” Catchnews.com quoted him.
The report claimed land, ranging between 250 sq feet and half an acre, was bought in Madhubani, Katihar, Madhepura, Lakhisarai, Kishanganj and Arwal. The transactions ranged between Rs 8 lakh and Rs 1.16 crore.
In a tweet, Congress leader Salman Soz said it was a serious allegation and the BJP should respond to it. His party colleague Priyanka Chaturvedi questioned if the secrecy over demonetisation was a sham.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the demonetisation move on November 8, ending the use of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000. However, since then there have been reports that some people, especially within the ruling party, knew about the move and it was not that secret afterall.