Telangana BJP on Wednesday, launched a signature campaign at Dilsukh Nagar here against terrorism and demanded arrest of AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi who has been booked for sedition over his statement that he would extend legal aid to five persons arrested by NIA for allegedly being part of an IS module.
Telangana unit BJP president and MLA K Laxman and senior party leaders addressed the gathering in the area.
Sources said the party expects to collect one lakh signatures.
- Top Bulletin: Asaduddin Owaisi’s ‘Muslim soldiers’ remark, Mani Shankar Aiyar’s ‘Pakistan love’ remark and many more
- PM Modi, BJP laid red carpet for those who targeted kids, says Asaduddin Owaisi
- Shoe hurled at AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi in Mumbai rally
- AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi accuses ‘sectarian’ BJP, Congress of ignoring Muslims
- Asaduddin Owaisi booked for sedition over extending legal aid to alleged ISIS members
- Complaint lodged against AIMIM chief Owaisi, BJP, JD(U) demand arrest
A case of sedition under section 124A of IPC was registered against the Hyderabad MP by Saroor Nagar police here on July 15 in a court referred matter following a private complaint filed by a practising advocate K Karuna Sagar.
Sagar had stated in his complaint that “the stand of Owaisi and his remarks is boosting the morale of anti-nationals and giving oxygen to terrorists”.
The NIA had arrested five persons and detained six others, including a techie, after conducting searches at different locations in the old city area last month.