Following the alleged attack on an RSS zila pracharak in Baihar town of Madhya Pradesh, the BJP has served showcause notices to two of its MLAs, who had sought the removal of Agriculture Minister Gaurishankar Bisen.
Tendukheda MLA Sanjay Sharma and Narsinghpur MLA Jalam Singh Patel held Bisen responsible for failing to stop police action against RSS pracharak Suresh Yadav, who was picked up by police from the RSS office in Baihar on September 25 for an alleged anti-Islam WhatsApp post.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Yadav, who is undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Jabalpur, alleged that he had been mercilessly beaten up by police. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has called the incident “unfortunate”.
Sharma had said that Bisen, an MLA from Balaghat, should quit politics because despite being a minister for over a decade, he could not stop the police from thrashing Yadav.
“BJP workers were attacked at the party office two years ago in Balaghat. Now, a pracharak has been assaulted in the same district. Bisen should have stopped the attack or at least got the accused police officials arrested,” Sharma said. He said he is yet to receive the notice. Besides blaming him for the attack on Yadav, Patel has also accused Bisen of doing little for the party.
Treating their public statements as acts of indiscipline, the party has asked Sharma and Patel to explain their position within seven days.