Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge has criticised the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for making ‘unnecessary’ statements against party vice president Rahul Gandhi over his ‘dalali’ remark, claiming the latter is only trying gain political mileage out of the issue in the run-up to next year’s elections in Uttar Pradesh. Kharge said “It seems they have taken a contract of nationalism and patriotism, that is why BJP spokespersons have been targeting him (Rahul).”
Kharge further said that the Congress has always supported the Centre over the surgical strike carried out by Indian Army across Line of Control (LoC).
BJP president Amit Shah on Friday attacked Gandhi, asking whether “dalali” was an appropriate word used in reference for the Indian Army and their valiant efforts in serving the nation.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Addressing a press conference, Shah hit out at Gandhi, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and others for politicising the September 29 strike. Another BJP MP Babu Lal from Roorkee stirred a fresh controversy, saying that Rahul Gandhi should instead “seek proof of his own birth as to whom he was born to”.