BJP and Congress have come together to save century-old Pipliyahana lake of Indore near which construction of new building of the district court is going on.
BJP has formed a committee to save the lake. Local MLA Sudarshan Gupta, Indore Development Authority Chairman Shankar Lalwani and former mayor Krishnmurari Moghe are part of the committee, a party spokesperson said.
- If someone formed govts by setting fire, it is Congress: Rajnath Singh hits back at Rahul Gandhi
- New Congress president Rahul Gandhi asks cadres to stand up to BJP, says hatred cannot defeat his party
- No lake formation near Gaumukh or along the course of river Bhagirathi: reports
- Is Ram Setu man-made? BJP attacks Congress after US channel's findings
- Seven constructions razed at Kaimbwala village
- Wet Dredging will lead to water loss in Sukhna Lake, UT to HC
The committee in a meeting today decided to demand stopping of construction work going on near the lake for the court building. It will also approach state govenrment and authorites concerned to protect this heritage, the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, Congress has already demanded to stop the construction near the lake. Local party MLA Jitu Patwari said party members are daily protesting at the construction to get the work stopped.
He questioned, “When public representatives to common man all are against the construction near the lake then why it has not been stopped yet?”
Lawyers’ bodies are also not in favour of shifting of the court near the lake as currently it is centrally-located at the M G road and is near the Madhya Pradesh High Court.