FACING criticism from other parties, including its ally Shiv Sena, ‘for not being able to resolve’ the city’s problems despite completing two years in power in the state, the BJP Tuesday claimed it has made big strides in addressing the pending issues.
“The PMRDA (Pune Metropolitan Regional Development Authority) was set up and made functional without delay. Pune city is among the top cities to be developed as a smart city,” said Guardian Minister Girish Bapat while highlighting the performance of the BJP-led state government.
Watch What Else Is Making News
The much-needed Metro rail project is on the verge of being cleared by the Union Cabinet as all other process have been completed, he said, adding that the work on the proposed Metro rail route from Shivajinagar to Hinjewadi had started.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The major decision has been finalising the location for the international airport in Purandar and widening of the existing airport at Lohegaon,” said Bapat.
The construction of the ring road was also speeded up, he said. “The river development project has also been cleared and is awaiting release of funds,” he said.
The installation of CCTVs as a security measure is underway, said Bapat,adding that many civic projects that required clearance from the state and Union government have been approved.
The term of the current civic body will get over in February 2017, and the elections will take place a month before that.
Earlier, the Sena had held a morcha in the city to protest against the alleged failure of the NCP in the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) and the BJP in the state government to resolve the city’s issues. The party said the eight MLAs and one MP elected from the city have failed to deliver. The NCP and the Congress too have alleged that the BJP was not able to get the city’s projects approved from the Centre and state government.